Saturday, October 8, 2011

Well, there was this dome...

Okay so i just got back from my uncle's wedding. My phone is dead so I can't text my friend who I probably won't see for another two years and ask him if we can hang out tonight before I go back to Provo. That was my plan for this evening. But seeing as how my phone is DEAD I guess I am just going to just sit here and write until my parents get home so we can play a game together :)

Oh wow so many things just popped into my head to write about, and I don't know which one to choose! Boy am I indecisive. Last week I was standing in front of a vending machine on campus trying to decide whether to get a muffin or a yogurt. They were both so enticing! Some guy walked by me, and, noticing the intense look on my face, said sarcastically, "That's a hard decision isn't it? Life-changing." I looked at him and with all honesty said, "Yes, actually, it is." and then I went back to weighing out the pros and cons of each delicious dessert. Ten minutes later that stupid guy came back and saw me STILL STANDING THERE, and he started laughing. Jerk. Like he had any idea how much this decision really DID affect my life. Okay fine, it didn't really affect my life at all, but in the moment it meant the difference between peace of mind (yogurt) or true happiness (muffin). He had no right to laugh at that!

Anyway, I ended up with the muffin, just in case you wanted to know. I love muffins. My friend and I were in Macy's and I wanted to buy one of those massive muffins like they have at Costco and he was like, "muffins are just bald cupcakes...." hah. I didn't buy a muffin that night.

Right, so I just got back from my uncle's wedding. It was the most epic thing I have ever experienced in my life. SERIOUSLY. I don't even know where to start! Okay yes I do.
Think of the most classic american wedding you've ever been to. Got it? Okay whatever you had in mind, get it out right now because this wedding wasn't anything like what you just imagined. I'm talking about acrobatics, belly-dancing, pole-dancing, fire-spinning, welding, shiny robes, flashing lights, and flying people.

IT. WAS. NARLEY.

in fact, I think narley is the only word that could possibly truly describe it.

Anyway the ceremony consisted of each of the 'elements' presenting a gift to the special couple, who were seated on a platform high above the audience. Earth (represented by my other uncle and his wife wearing metallic green and brown robes) gave them stability, strength, and something else I can't remember. I just know my aunt was on a swing hanging from the ceiling doing crazy stuff with her body. Then Ether (represented by another couple in purple and gray metallic robes) gave them another gift by flying around the dome sprinkling glitter and some weird spray all over us :) Next i think was Fire (my cousin and her boyfriend in orange and yellow metallic robes). They went outside the dome and spun fire. Then Water gave them the gift of flowing life and grace I think by belly dancing with blue metallic streamers and pretty music. Finally, Metal. Metal was represented by a couple in silver robes. The girl did a pole dance routine while the guy welded a metal figure 8 right in front of us and then gave it to the couple. Then they said their vows and kissed and all that and everybody got up and started dancing. Happy day

So yeah. It was pretty dang cool. And quite mystic as well. My uncle and his new wife even changed their names during the ceremony. It kinda made me wish I could pole dance at my own wedding (er, reception). Of course, I would have to learn how to pole dance first...and I would also have to install a pole... nah, that's a bad idea. (What would my mother-in-law think?)

moral of this post:
bring your charger with you when you go home for the weekend, and learn how to pole dance but don't do it at your wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment